Monday, September 1, 2008

URBAN ROCKSTAR- The Buzz has Started!


Yes it's coming very soon.  I have already started some buzz for my show at the Mama Buzz Cafe in Oakland and right next to this text is what the postcards will look like.  The other artist, as you may or may not know, is James Lovekin and he's a pretty cool guy.  His art is both stylistically and conceptually connected to mine.  WE are both inspired by subcultures and use imagery from street art.  I don't think we replicate it, we are just inspired by it.  His work also shares that rebellious feeling and spontaneity I always talk about.  I think it will be a very sweet show and Irene Ross, the curator, was wise to pair us together.  Just by seeing both sample pieces you can see how well they hang together!  I'm not sure if we are going to hang our paintings side by side.  Could work out great but it's still a hovering thought.  What do you guys think? :)



I'm including a new painting for this new show which I think will add something new to the already existing series "Verses."  I painted this after an exhausting day of driving and working and going to school and having to go to work in the morning again with only 2 hours and 15 minutes of sleep.  I somehow felt like I was losing control and that something bigger was taking over and I thought about how unfortunate it would be if someone was in the same position but got caught in this spiral.  I asked to  not be scheduled in the morning anymore and tried to get at least 6 hours of sleep daily.

2 comments:

Htoi Lahpai said...

this girl is totally lovely.

Anonymous said...

the girl is beautiful, but the image is kind of sad. your art is totally awesome man.