Sunday, August 2, 2009

Out to Kill


Amazingly enough I have managed to continue making art during this dreadful heat.  I started on and finished 1 of 2 duralar pieces and for some reason started another pens and sharpies.  There was something I wanted to explore with the red sharpie mark because it wasn't completely dark enough to cover dark lines.  One of the duralar is a self portrait.  For this piece I decide to draw myself with no reference photos because that's how I would draw people when I first started drawing when I was a kid.  There are many egotistical words written all over the piece and I decided to write those down because normal self-portraits of artists are always weird or modest but seldom egotistical and revolting.  So I gracefully rose up to the challenge.

No comments: